Cherri-New Pics 5/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I just told Cherri that Gizmo was looking at her pic! She's all excited that such a Handsome boy thinks she's cute! I think she's going to be texting all the girls to tell them about it! :D

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Cherri wanted to post a new pic for Gizmo! Now I think she's teasing him! :shock: LOL

SunMar14th024.jpg

fez09

Extreme Poster
Oooooh Sandy, the arch in her back is a little too riske'!!! You better keep an eye on these young-uns! She looks great though. I got lots of new pics of my gang on our thread (I got a new b-day camera!) Mojo is on the prowl for girls right now...I think he's twitterpated!

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I think that was her intention! :roll: LOL What a little flirt she is!

Miss T, here's a couple of pics of my female MHD, Baby Girl, now that her shed is pretty well done. Sorry, the bad lighting in this room doesn't do much for her coloring. She is a beautiful, deep green in color.
bigvivmar15003.jpg

bigvivmar15001-1.jpg

This species get's their name from the horns they generally have that jut out from the back of the brow ridge, one horn behind each eye. Her horns were broken off when she was digging her nest for egg laying last fall (most females do lose their horns in this same manner and they never grow back). She is approx 3 years old, roughly 12 inches long snout to tip of tail.

MissT

BD.org Addict
CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!! Hehe!! I saw a documentary once which mentioned that MHD's in the wild will watch over their eggs until they hatch - do they do that in captivity??

Thanks so much, Sandy - that is the first MHD I have seen other than on television!!! Your an absolute star!!

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks Gals, and Lance! She really is a pretty little dragon. The thing I like about the MHDs is that they have such a "dinosaur" look to them, very raptor-like. Once the male is being more cooperative, I'll post a pic of him too. He's my jumper! Legs like a frog! He tends to want to leap right out of the hand so he can check things out. They don't really run once they are down and are easy enough to catch but it's a little difficult to get pics of him cause he won't sit still!

MissT":1fqpcrdh said:
I saw a documentary once which mentioned that MHD's in the wild will watch over their eggs until they hatch - do they do that in captivity??
I really think that they would. She was not at all happy when we took her eggs out after she laid them! The concern was keeping temps and humidity levels right for the eggs and that is really difficult to do in this type of viv as the viv is high humidity, but the eggs actually require a much lower humidity level. Sadly though, her first, and only clutch last fall turned out to be all infertile. Bummer! There's always this year.

MissT

BD.org Addict
DragonMomSandy":2ipqn55f said:
I really think that they would. She was not at all happy when we took her eggs out after she laid them! The concern was keeping temps and humidity levels right for the eggs and that is really difficult to do in this type of viv as the viv is high humidity, but the eggs actually require a much lower humidity level. Sadly though, her first, and only clutch last fall turned out to be all infertile. Bummer! There's always this year.

Aw thats too bad.... but hopefully you will get some little baby MHD's this year (and ship one all the way over to me lol)!!! The one on the documentary we watched had buried hers and was protecting them from predators - the shapes that she got herself into to trick the snakes etc made me giggle - this little dragon playing a contortionist lol!!

Anyway, I will stop hijacking the gorgeous cherri's thread with MHD talk (except when you post pics of the male lol)!!

Now, more Cherri pics please lol (no we arent demanding... hehe!!)

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Yeah, it was a bummer that they were all infertile. It was her very first clutch though, so I wasn't completely surprised. The breeding season for them is late june-july, so we'll see how it goes.

I'll have more pics of Cherri posted soon. I'm afraid if I don't my thread will be taken hostage again! (Chelly might start singing "pants on the ground" again!) :shock: LOL

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Yeah, it was a bummer that they were all infertile. It was her very first clutch though, so I wasn't completely surprised. The breeding season for them is late june-july, so we'll see how it goes.

I'll have more pics of Cherri posted soon. I'm afraid if I don't my thread will be taken hostage again! :shock: LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Addi
Top Bottom