Jango (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all.. not sure who all read my introduction link so I guess i'll start by saying hi, my name is Tammy.. I'm a 38 year old, stay at home mommy of one human, my son Nathan (7yrs) and to Jango. My hubby bought Jango for me on Feb. 29, 2012 at a well known pet store near us.."Gittlers". The lady who took care of us there told us that Jango was only a few weeks old when we got him..so if that's correct he should be about 4 months old.. or somewhere around that i'm guessing. Not sure what kind of beardie he is though. He's currently in a 20 gallon reptile tank with reptile carpet and the lights that came with the tank.. I know I need to get new lights for him asap..just need the $$. He loves his crickets (dusted w/calcium 1x day) and he gets kale and turnip greens with some carrots and cucumber.. once in awhile I give him some apple, wich he loves. his basking side stays between 99 and 105 and his shady side stays about 75.

Jango loves being out of his terrarium and looking out the window, 'specially when the sun is shining and I can have it open.. I always supervise him. I don't trust him enough yet to let him have run of the house but I do let him run around on the couch and once in awhile in my son's bedroom, we block all the holes up and keep a close eye on him, a few times he'd snuggle with my son's stuffed animals and go to sleep, he even fell asleep once on the dresser behind the CD player. I can walk around the house with him hanging onto my shirt or sitting on my shoulder, wichever he feels like doing. Once in awhile I will take him into the bedroom with all the fish... yeah.. we have lots of fish.. mostly Chiclids.. 75 gallon, 55 gallon, a few 20 gallons, 10 gallons and a 5 gallon..oh also got a 29 gallon with gold fish in it.. hubby wants to get another 55 gallon and also wants to get Jango a 40 gallon breeder tank.

On with the pictures:..

Jango when we first came home 2/29/12:
034.jpg

a few days later 3/8/12:
009.jpg

he loves lookin' out the window 3/21/12:
017.jpg

lookin at the gold fish 4/4/12:
029.jpg

Jango's home 4/4/12:
039.jpg

My son and Jango looking out the window 4/9/12:
001-1.jpg

enjoying the sun on a beautiful day 4/16/12:
008-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

Then and now 4/21/12:
Jangobabyandbigger.jpg

sleeping 5/1/12:
005-2.jpg

5/3/12:
008-2.jpg

playing with the tape measure 5/6/12:
020-2.jpg

my handsome dragon 5/8/12:
004-1.jpg

puffin' out his beard 5/9/12:
010-1.jpg

5/10/12:
013-1.jpg

5/13/12:
040-1.jpg

Happy Mother's Day!
043-1.jpg

045-1.jpg

Who's that handsome fella? 5/15/12:
002-2.jpg

That's it for now.. sorry for so many.. there are many more if you would like to see more you can visit this link:
http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e69/TLynnH73/Jango/

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Happy Birthday to Me! LOL.. i'm 39 today.. just seems like another day to me.. no big deal. Anyways.. just wanted to post a few more pics of Jango.. nothing really to talk about.. Hope everyone is doing well and having a good day!

After all the talk about Jango when he was a baby and all.. I figured I'd post a pic of him as a baby again.. look how little!
2/29/12
034.jpg

now back to the present..

Jango aka "Mr. Sexy Legs" 10/1/12
002-16.jpg

003-13.jpg

What?
004-12.jpg

005-13.jpg

I sit and laugh sometimes when I see how comfy and relaxed he can get.. 10/2/12:
023-1.jpg

Tonja

BD.org Addict
aww hes adorable and yes look how tiny he was compared to now. Jango has some nice muscular legs that look so strong. Great pictures.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
yeah he is very muscular in his arms and legs.. he can jump from the floor to the top of the highest branch.. I was amazed when I first seen him jump that high. sometimes I sit and laugh when I look at his arms.. they look like little Popeye arms.. LOL.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
JangoMom":1kgj4qlo said:
Happy Birthday to Me! LOL.. i'm 39 today.. just seems like another day to me.. no big deal.
Happy Birthady!!! :blob5: (one day late :oops: )
I figured I'd post a pic of him as a baby again.. look how little!
Awww... :love5: Itty-bitty-bearded-baby!
I sit and laugh sometimes when I see how comfy and relaxed he can get.. 10/2/12:
That may be the understatement of the year! LOL! :lol: I've never seen a BD 'sexy leg' that much ever! :shock: He just takes it to a whole new level! :D "And the Gold Medal, for the most sexy leg, in the field of relaxation, goes to...*Drum Roll* Mr. Jango of Spoiledtown U.S.A! :laughing6:" *Cheers and Ah's!* :D

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Awww.. beardie tattoos.. LOL if they could I would so get the anchor on his arm like Popeye.. LOL!

Thank you Holly for the Birthday wishes.. I had to remind Mike it was my birthday.. we've been together for 12 1/2 years .. you'd think he'd remember it.. men! well he don't even remember Nathan's birthday.. he's constantly asking me what day it is.. he knows it's in October but that's it :banghead: wich gets me even more mad is that he remembers both his childrens birthdays from a previous marriage and he hasn't seen them in over 15 years and he's with Nathan everyday for the past 8 years.

Anyways.. back to bearded dragons.. :D Jango would love to thank all that nominated him "the most sexy leg, in the field of relaxation" :lol:

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Poor Jango.. been home by himself mostly for the past two days.. well Mike was here and talks to him sometimes.. but don't really bother with him other than that. Jango didn't get any crickets today since we didn't have any.. had to run down Gittlers and get some.. plus run a milllion other places throughout the day.. but didn't get anything accomplished.. Nathan's birthday's coming up on the 20th.. we're having a little party for him with a few of his friends on the 13th.. he wants Lego Star Wars.. something no one has anything for.. so I'm stuck having to make his cake.. I've been running everywhere trying to find something.. but can't find anything.. mabie i'll just buy a Star Wars Lego set (a small one), put it together and place that on the cake.. I'm not sure yet.. I hate the stores around here.. there's never anything you need or want.

Anyways.. I had Jango out on thursday and I had him in Nathan's room.. he wanted on the dresser so I left him down and he tried snuggling with a pair of sweatpants to go to sleep.. so I picked him up along with the sweatpants and went out to the livingroom, sat on the couch with him, and Jango cuddled with me so I layed the sweatpants over him gently and he went to sleep, a few minutes later he crawled out from under them and cuddled at my neck. Nathan wanted a picture so he took a few and woke Jango up.. Jango then crawled up onto the top of the couch and snuggled against the back of the couch and the wall and went to sleep.. then Mike wanted me to do something so I had to wake him up again to put him back in his Viv.. poor guy.. he just looked at me like "I don't want in here mommy" little sad, sleepy eyes.. and it wasn't even his bedtime.

Today I had Jango out before we left.. it was a cold dreary day and he didn't seem very happy to be at the window (in the livingroom) so I left him down on the floor.. only to have him run off into the bedroom.. normally he don't just run off.. he walks slowly looking things over.. well today he ran and everytime I tried to get him he would just jump out of my hand and run off again.. almost got under the bed.. and there's a ton of junk under there so it wouldn't be any fun trying to get him out.. luckily I got him just in time.. that little stinker.

We may get snow tomorrow.. brrr!! ony in the 40's.. ugh.. I think we skipped fall and went right to winter.. I hate winter.. wish it was warm all the time.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
sounds like jango was off on an adventure lol. started snowing here last night and all day today. Gonna be a very hard freeze tonightr, we didnt have a fall, straight from summer temps to snow :?

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
We're in the 40's over here even though it's sunny, night is colder...I need 3 blankets and normally I don't use any during
spring and summer and as for fall...like it doesn't exist, straight to winter temps.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
It would be so nice if our babies could see snow! Ok, here's what we do.
Tonja can sew the blankies, I'll knit tiny little tail warmers, BlueDragon09 can find really long extension cords and JangoMom can find 'people type' heating pads! Fool proof I tells ya! We'll have the "coolest" beardies on the block! Literally! LOL! :lol:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
:D Vash sees snow he just can't go outside in it even though he completely scratches at the sliding glass door :lol:.
It snows x-mas day over here.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Jango seen snow last year.. out the window.

Not sure what's up with Jango.. if he's going into a slight brumation or what..he'll be a year around late Jan., early Feb.. lately all he wants to do is lay around, mostly in his log hide. Yesterday he was in bed at 2:30 in the afternoon! Today he didn't get out of bed until I finally got him out at 11am.. wich I feel bad doing but he was just laying there.. not sleeping and when I touched him he was ice cold so I wanted him over under his basking bulb for awhile. He's barely touched any of his salad.. eats his crickets but not as fast as he use to.. he'd gobble them down in nothing flat.. the past few days he's been taking his good old time. He doesn't looks sick or anything and still does move around his Viv.. just sleeps mostly. it's been in the 40's and 50's here so perhaps that has something to do with it.. his temps are around 75 on the cool side (summer time it was about 80) and between 100 and 110 on the hot side. Been giving him his regular baths.. two or three times a week.. he poos everyday. I'm probably just being a worry wart.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
I wonder if the temps have anything to do with it..seems the colder it is here, Geico doesnt want to get out of bed and hes only 5 months old. Once I move him to under his basking light when its cold..he will stay there even though his temps in his viv are fine. I give them both about 2 hours before baths and their slurrys of veggies, chicken baby food, a strawberry, squash and crickets in it and of course their calcim. Then hes fine for the day..as late afternoon sets in he climbs into his hammock and stares at me or Emily..of course temps here drop late afternoon. Emily doesnt care one way or the other as long as shes fed, watered, and warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigNikko33
Top Bottom