Nim's Story - More videos and pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am the slave of six cockatiels and my new dragon Nim. I'm creating this thread to share all the cute things my little Nim does. Ive had him for eleven days now and he likes me. He warmed up to me six days after I got him. He is the smartest lizard I have ever owned. I would post pics but I'm having some trouble. I put a photo on Flickr and then do the image thing but it only flashes the pic then it disappears if anyone could help I would like that. Nim is a six inch ten gram bearded dragon. Who's favorite veggie is dandelion greens. I have an organic lawn so I get the dandelion greens from there.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
I still love that burrito picture, Nim looks so happy. Posted new pictures of Geico and Em and I think you were right, shes not a leatherback but a normal with great colors.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
He's always happy. I've never seen him upset or grumpy. Even with shedding he is a happy little boy. :D Well, he does get grumpy when he glass dances and he doesn't get out. Then he goes to his leaves and gets his dark colors. LOL, that lizard. :roll: But other than that he is happy. Our conure, Oosy, still torments Nim. What I mean about torment is Oosy goes up to Nim's cage and taps on the glass. But Nim doesn't care. Only once did he black beard Oosy and that was when Nim first saw him. I filmed it and will post the video one day. I just don't want to bog down this dinosaurian computer with a three minute or less not HD video. That is how old this computer is. :roll: But I'm guessing why Nim doesn't care is because Nim knows the bird can't get to him. Smart lizard and annoying bird. Nothing cute yet. I am worried about feeding him because I don't want him to leap again! So scary! :shock: LOL, just kidding. :D But he is hungry, and I don't think I'll up the 12 adult canned crickets a day because he has enough fat. If I feed him any more he will grow two inches a week. LOL. :) He also has his dandelion greens. And he'll have two Phlox flowers today. My little treat. :wink: And he doesn't know it yet.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Thanks for reminding me..have to run to the whole foods store and get some dandylion greens for Geico and Em. Both are being bums today, nothing cute either but did get some really good pics. They are cute whether they do something cute or not lol, its the dragon way.

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
I haven't been getting e-mails when you post on here. :x I had 3 pages of catching up to do!! This computer drives me crazy. But anyway, I love the Nim pics and stories!! He does the funniest things. :)

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks. I spend so much time on this forum, that I turned off the e-mail reply post. It just clogged it up. I still don't know how to turn off PM e-mail replies. I guess you can't.

Tonja":39uv8moa said:
Thanks for reminding me..have to run to the whole foods store and get some dandylion greens for Geico and Em. Both are being bums today, nothing cute either but did get some really good pics. They are cute whether they do something cute or not lol, its the dragon way.

Do you have a thread for those two? I would love to see it. :D Maybe I'll check our Whole Foods Market for dandelion greens. Because once snow is on the ground, no more wild greens for Nim. :( We are currently an hour away from Whole Foods, but that will change once we move. I was thinking of looking for a green that tastes like dandelion but is easier to find. But getting dandelions from Whole Foods, that would work. Thanks! :D

Well, I am having beardie snuggles right now. :love5: Such a sweet boy. I took him outside today. He was firmly gripped onto my arm. LOL, and we took a little stroll around the yard. He also had some Phlox straight off the plant. :) Oh, and Nim showed me that beardies are semi-arboreal. I was letting him have a run on the couch, and he decided he would attempt to climb the wall behind it. Our wall is a wood type thing, so it looked like a tree to him. I would've let him do it, but the couch isn't straight against the wall. I thought he would fall through the crack. So I stopped him. But tomorrow I may let him climb a small tree outside. It has to away from other trees, and small and short enough for me to pull it down if I have to. Would that be a good idea? Thanks! :D And thanks to all Nim's followers for reading his thread. LOL. :D

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
I let him climb trees in the yard all the time but then again, this one tree he runs to isn't exactly small so I have
a small step stool to grab and get up to the branches. But the big problem is those wasps live in that tree so I
showed him another tree small enough for me to grab and pull down if he gets too high.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Cool. I guess I will see how arboreal beardeds are tomorrow. I'll definitely take pics then. Oh, plus it is going to be blue moon in two days. There is a reason my username is TheWerewolf. I love to howl at the moon. If only I had dogs to howl it with. Anyways, I'll take Nim outside on the blue moon. Although, since he is diurnal, he may just fall straight asleep when I go out there. :D

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Yeah, I have a 'dream house' that will probably never come true. But here is how I would like to live.
The house is a cabin in the middle of the woods. Acres and acres of farmland surround it. I have cows, chickens and any other farm animal that can be used for food. I hunt with a bow and arrow. I skin my own deer and tan my own leather. I have many pets, birds, bugs, lizards. And a wild pack of wolves. They help me hunt and we howl at nights. The closest town is miles and miles away. I'm still wondering if my dream includes a husband and kids. But that is it so far. :D

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Well, kids and husband, well the husband you'll have to train to make him think howling is natural xD
We can teach kids to like howling at nights.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Yep, I can just imagine my kids growing up with wolves. And my husband is just shaking his head thinking what did he marry. LOL :lol:

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
LOL, if my husband ever saw this I would never hear the end of it, but beardies and other animals are MUCH easier and take a heck of alot less time to train than the husband!!!! ;)

Tonja

BD.org Addict
I can just picture you out howling at the moon. I love a full moon and blue moons are so pretty...we had a blood moon last full moon, it was so red it was almost unbelievable.

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
hey, I just noticed, at the bottom of the page, when you are about to make a post, there are a few options (blue box on the bottom left), you can opt to get an e-mail when you get a new post there. Just click or unclick the box. :) Nice and simple. Well, it sounds it, I don't get all the e-mails I should. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigNikko33
Top Bottom