Phillip, My new dragon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After many, many years of wanting, and several months of preparing I finally got my dragon! I was going to wait and order one from a breeder online, but today, when I went to Petsmart I knew I just had to have him. He was the prettiest baby and was sold to me as a fancy dragon for an extra $20. It took me a long time to decide if I still wanted him, but how could I resist his little, cutie face? None of the other connected with me like he did.

005_zps6de707e0.jpg

008_zps582950e5.jpg

Does he look like he's going to colorful? Maybe orange? In the store he was lighter with brighter orange on his back.

So far he's eaten 3 crickets, 1 small roach, and a piece of salad.

kelii

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Phillip's been busy shedding all day, and this morning he ate 6 crickets and 3 wax worms all by himself :)

kelii

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Melody12":2g839urc said:
He's a charmer, isn't he?

He's a cute dragon!

Phillip is a charmer! He turning out to be very curious, and he loves licking everything :)

kelii

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm guessing Phillip has recovered now! This morning he ate 22 crickets, 4 wax worms, and 3 roaches :) The poor little guy looks so bloated :lol:

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I love the big bellies! Especially when they don't understand why and they have the cutest little confused look...then the pancake out to bask :lol:

kelii

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
zandi202":3r87vqg8 said:
I love the big bellies! Especially when they don't understand why and they have the cutest little confused look...then the pancake out to bask :lol:

:lol: He was actually scared of the last roach I offered! He hunkered down as far as he could to try and get away from it :lol:

002_zpsf0cec87a.jpg

Here he is all pancaked out. I can't wait until he sheds. He's getting some cool darker stripes that I want to see.

kelii

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I just took out his plants, for now. I think they were contributing to his shyness. He would hide down in them and never come out. How is he supposed to gain confidence and adjust if he's hiding?

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Most people will say not to have anything for them to hide in/under when they are babies because they will hide instead of bask. It just takes time for them to get comfortable and more friendly

Junebug

Hatchling Member
Since I brought Puff home, Ive had the same set-up since he first came home, he has a larger log thats open on both ends, one small plant, his bowls, and I bought him a jungle vine a few weeks ago which he lives, he can hide under his log, but hasn't ever stayed hidden under it. He prefers to bask. I was going to get him a hide this past weekend, but that means I'd have to take his log out, as his viv isn't big enough yet for both! He did hide in his small plant once, but that for less then 10 mins os so after he first woke up! That was the only time hes hidden! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Addi
Top Bottom