Phillip, My new dragon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After many, many years of wanting, and several months of preparing I finally got my dragon! I was going to wait and order one from a breeder online, but today, when I went to Petsmart I knew I just had to have him. He was the prettiest baby and was sold to me as a fancy dragon for an extra $20. It took me a long time to decide if I still wanted him, but how could I resist his little, cutie face? None of the other connected with me like he did.

005_zps6de707e0.jpg

008_zps582950e5.jpg

Does he look like he's going to colorful? Maybe orange? In the store he was lighter with brighter orange on his back.

So far he's eaten 3 crickets, 1 small roach, and a piece of salad.

kelii

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
002_zps30c5c8ff.jpg

4/6/2013

WOW!! Phillip's growing fast! He must be making up for lost time because of his injury.

He was so mad at me because I woke him up to take this picture. Well, it's his fault. I have to wait until he's cold, otherwise he runs away :roll:

kelii

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
002_zpsf309e909.jpg

Here's a really nice picture. I love how it turned out :)

083_zps678d7f14.jpg

His first time in the "big boy tub".

kelii

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I think he's around 3 months? He eats crickets, dubias, collard greens and an assortment of baby foods.

kelii

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Phillip made it to 10 inches today! It seems like he's growing 1/8 of an inch a day :D

I hope he grows into one of those big, monster dragons.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
kelii":22eonh04 said:
Is that a fire skink in your signature?

Yes, he is =) He is the newest member of the family. Bought him for $12.50 at Petco because they had him for such a long time and put him at 75% off.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
You can see more adorable pics of him on Jace and Zy's thread.

He was a pain to handle! It took me, my boyfriend (Paul), and a Petco employee and 15 minutes to catch him. My boyfriend and the Petco employee were being pansies about grabbing him so I went in, grabbed him and got him out. He jumped onto my boyfriend's arm, then back onto mine, then onto the floor. We got down onto the ground and corralled him into the box. Once we got him, Slifer, home, he watched us curiously and now we don't see him. The only time we see him is when we dig him out to make sure he's all right. We plan to handle him more once his stress goes down. We have to do it with leather gloves so they won't bite. He hasn't tried to bite and they are less likely to once they are tamed, but every sight recommended it when taming him. It should be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stormfly
Top Bottom