Phillip, My new dragon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After many, many years of wanting, and several months of preparing I finally got my dragon! I was going to wait and order one from a breeder online, but today, when I went to Petsmart I knew I just had to have him. He was the prettiest baby and was sold to me as a fancy dragon for an extra $20. It took me a long time to decide if I still wanted him, but how could I resist his little, cutie face? None of the other connected with me like he did.

005_zps6de707e0.jpg

008_zps582950e5.jpg

Does he look like he's going to colorful? Maybe orange? In the store he was lighter with brighter orange on his back.

So far he's eaten 3 crickets, 1 small roach, and a piece of salad.

kelii

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Now that Phillip has nowhere to hide he's been out exploring more! He even ate a grand total of 52 bugs yesterday, and I'm pretty sure he was still full today because he ate only 7 roaches, a piece of salad and some warmed up applesauce. He's so spoiled! I hope his appetite picks up again tomorrow because I got a shipment of 1000 crickets in today.

021_zps724b8419.jpg

look who found a new rock to sit on!

kelii

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Junebug":lpc18py0 said:
Since I brought Puff home, Ive had the same set-up since he first came home, he has a larger log thats open on both ends, one small plant, his bowls, and I bought him a jungle vine a few weeks ago which he lives, he can hide under his log, but hasn't ever stayed hidden under it. He prefers to bask. I was going to get him a hide this past weekend, but that means I'd have to take his log out, as his viv isn't big enough yet for both! He did hide in his small plant once, but that for less then 10 mins os so after he first woke up! That was the only time hes hidden! :D

Puff sounds so outgoing! Phillip is quite the opposite. He loves nothing more than to pancake-out behind something. Hopefully, he'll change with more handling and exposure. I would love to be able to bring him places when he's older :D

kelii

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
004_zps13effbf9.jpg

I JUST LOVE HIS LEGS!!!!!

007_zpsf7d73269.jpg

He's growing so fast!! but he won't shed :?:

kelii

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well, this morning Phillip isn't coming out from under his log. I took him out and placed him near his salad but he just went back to hiding :( Raising babies is stressful!

kelii

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
OK. Never mind I think I found the source of his lethargy. About an hour ago he made a poop about the size of his head :shock: Yeah, no wonder he was so uncomfortable, lol. He's doing great now.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
You might want to take the hide out. With most babies it is recommended not to have a hide because they will hide and never bask or get proper UVB.

kelii

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
015_zps929fae13.jpg

Phillip got his tank stand yesterday. No more lizard on the kitchen table!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Addi
Top Bottom