Jango (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all.. not sure who all read my introduction link so I guess i'll start by saying hi, my name is Tammy.. I'm a 38 year old, stay at home mommy of one human, my son Nathan (7yrs) and to Jango. My hubby bought Jango for me on Feb. 29, 2012 at a well known pet store near us.."Gittlers". The lady who took care of us there told us that Jango was only a few weeks old when we got him..so if that's correct he should be about 4 months old.. or somewhere around that i'm guessing. Not sure what kind of beardie he is though. He's currently in a 20 gallon reptile tank with reptile carpet and the lights that came with the tank.. I know I need to get new lights for him asap..just need the $$. He loves his crickets (dusted w/calcium 1x day) and he gets kale and turnip greens with some carrots and cucumber.. once in awhile I give him some apple, wich he loves. his basking side stays between 99 and 105 and his shady side stays about 75.

Jango loves being out of his terrarium and looking out the window, 'specially when the sun is shining and I can have it open.. I always supervise him. I don't trust him enough yet to let him have run of the house but I do let him run around on the couch and once in awhile in my son's bedroom, we block all the holes up and keep a close eye on him, a few times he'd snuggle with my son's stuffed animals and go to sleep, he even fell asleep once on the dresser behind the CD player. I can walk around the house with him hanging onto my shirt or sitting on my shoulder, wichever he feels like doing. Once in awhile I will take him into the bedroom with all the fish... yeah.. we have lots of fish.. mostly Chiclids.. 75 gallon, 55 gallon, a few 20 gallons, 10 gallons and a 5 gallon..oh also got a 29 gallon with gold fish in it.. hubby wants to get another 55 gallon and also wants to get Jango a 40 gallon breeder tank.

On with the pictures:..

Jango when we first came home 2/29/12:
034.jpg

a few days later 3/8/12:
009.jpg

he loves lookin' out the window 3/21/12:
017.jpg

lookin at the gold fish 4/4/12:
029.jpg

Jango's home 4/4/12:
039.jpg

My son and Jango looking out the window 4/9/12:
001-1.jpg

enjoying the sun on a beautiful day 4/16/12:
008-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

Then and now 4/21/12:
Jangobabyandbigger.jpg

sleeping 5/1/12:
005-2.jpg

5/3/12:
008-2.jpg

playing with the tape measure 5/6/12:
020-2.jpg

my handsome dragon 5/8/12:
004-1.jpg

puffin' out his beard 5/9/12:
010-1.jpg

5/10/12:
013-1.jpg

5/13/12:
040-1.jpg

Happy Mother's Day!
043-1.jpg

045-1.jpg

Who's that handsome fella? 5/15/12:
002-2.jpg

That's it for now.. sorry for so many.. there are many more if you would like to see more you can visit this link:
http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e69/TLynnH73/Jango/

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
It might be brumation for Jango..mine unfortunately is already halfway into it, been about a week since he's eaten anything all he
wants to do is sleep I guess he's figured out that if he doesn't eat no bath...haha wrong...he's getting weekly baths til the outside
starts getting warmer which is May of next year. Then I'll go back to 3 times a week.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yes.. summer come back soon!

Sorry I haven't been around for a few days.. been trying to get stuff ready for my son's birthday party we had with his friends wich we had today.. but his birthday isn't until the 20th. Jango didn't seem to mind all the kids and even let them pet him with no problems. The past few days been like a yo-yo with him.. one day he'd want to stay in his log hide all day.. the next he was out running around like a nut.. the next he would be in his hide most of the day again.. oh and he loves pork and fries.. LOL. just to see what he would do I gave him a tiny piece of porkchop we had for supper lastnight.. he munched it down and wanted more.. and then I put a piece of french fry (oven baked, no salt or oil) in front of him and he munched that down.. gave him a few more tiny pieces.. munched them all down.. tried to give him a pea and he ran from it..:lol: it was so funny.. like he was saying.."Mmm.. good stuff mom, nom nom nom.. keep it coming..what's that? eww.. a veggie! i gotta run for my life!"
Well I have a few more pictures..

Jango was so sleepy he couldn't stay awake.. he fell asleep on the back of the couch before bedtime 10/3/12:
100_3578_zps36f2e677.jpg

Baskin' in the sun at the window 10/4/12:
100_3580_zps7e656719.jpg

Out for an adventure 10/7/12:
100_3588_zpsc734efa9.jpg

Picture perfect (kinda stole this idea from you Holly, hope ya don't mind) 10/10/12:
100_3600_zpsf01bf893.jpg

Just had a bath and wanted to sit at the window so I put one of his "blankies" over him 10/12/12:
100_3604_zpsc6c25d94.jpg

Jango was out for a good hour and a half after his bath and felt abit chilled so I put him back in his Viv.. well he didn't like that idea and wanted back out right away, I told him no that he needed to warm up so he went into his hide and sulked 10/12/12:
100_3605_zpsf6ad1576.jpg

100_3607_zps12b95991.jpg

morphmom

BD.org Addict
JangoMom":25peuey9 said:
Baskin' in the sun at the window 10/4/12:
LOL! :lol: I love this one! "Gasp! The mom-arazzi! :shock: "
Picture perfect (kinda stole this idea from you Holly, hope ya don't mind) 10/10/12:
It's beautiful! The color's of the branch really compliment Jango :D
I told him no that he needed to warm up so he went into his hide and sulked 10/12/12:
LMAO! You finished with a tail shot! "And this tale has come to an end!" LOL! :laughhard: Too perfect!
oh and he loves pork and fries.. LOL. just to see what he would do I gave him a tiny piece of porkchop we had for supper lastnight.. he munched it down and wanted more.. and then I put a piece of french fry (oven baked, no salt or oil) in front of him and he munched that down.. gave him a few more tiny pieces.. munched them all down.. tried to give him a pea and he ran from it.. it was so funny.. like he was saying.."Mmm.. good stuff mom, nom nom nom.. keep it coming..what's that? eww.. a veggie! i gotta run for my life!"
LOL! :lol: Sounds like my hubby! Next time try deep frying the pea! :laughing6:

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey all.. thought I'd check in.. not much to tell.. the same ol' same ol'.. Jango has days he wants to sleep or just hide in his log.. other days he's out and running around like a mad beardie..LOL... he loves being out of his viv.. and once out doesn't want back in. He hasn't poo'd for the past two days so I gave him a warm bath today and rubbed his tummy.. that did the trick.. now he's basking and jumpin' around his viv like a nut again. Well here are a few pictures I've taken of him lately..

Just thought he looked so handsome 10/15/12:
100_3634_zpsec369832.jpg

Seen him sitting behind his log hide and just had to get a picture 10/15/12:
100_3636_zpsed2ba37e.jpg

100_3638_zpsee515433.jpg

Was hanging Halloween clings today so I thought I'd decorate Jango's viv abit 10/15/12:
100_3640_zps7d9c7627.jpg

100_3641_zpse0ac8778.jpg

100_3642_zps3fa03676.jpg

Looked over at his Viv today and just seen the tip of his tail sticking out from behind his hide.. "peek-a-boo mommy!" 10/16/12:
100_3643_zps38f1bf3b.jpg

Another showing off his "Happy Halloween" 10/17/12:
100_3646_zps04c1ac1f.jpg

Nathan left Jango have his little pumpkin that he got in school 10/17/12:
100E3653_zps07331db2.jpg

Peek-a-boo again mommy! 10/18/12
100E3650_zpsb60eeb21.jpg

morphmom

BD.org Addict
JangoMom":2zo3qaft said:
Was hanging Halloween clings today so I thought I'd decorate Jango's viv abit 10/15/12:
Love it! :D Oh, I think I'm gonna have to "steal" that one! :blob5: It's not like Myah will mind, as she's sound asleep :roll:
JangoMom":2zo3qaft said:
Nathan left Jango have his little pumpkin that he got in school 10/17/12:
Now this really is too much! It looks like Jango's going to pull a candy cricket out of his "treat bucket!" :laughing6:

You really do take lovely photo's of Jango. He's such a happy, healthy looking guy 8)

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
thank you both :) Nathan wanted me to take a picture of Jango as a "ghost".. LOL.. he put a tissue over Jango and said "look mom, he's a ghost for halloween, take a picture" but Jango didn't care for the idea and ran off without the tissue.. LOL.. I didn't want to make him do something he didn't want to so I left him be without the tissue.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
wonderful pictures of Jango. Love what you did to his viv with the happy halloween and I agree with Holly on the candy bucket. He has that look like, "Is anyone watching while I pull a candy bug out of this pumpkin?"

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
been busy with birthday parties, halloween parties and doctor appointments. Got Nathan's 8 year well check-up on Monday.. then yesterday I went to the doctor.. been having a really bad pain in my upper left side of my back and could barely breath.. hurt so bad when I would take a deep breath.. that started on Saturday but kept putting off going to see a doctor because I thought it would go away but it didn't.. so went yesterday and the doc. thinks it's muscle spasms.. I had to go for a chest xray too. She also gave me a prescription for Ibuprofen and a muscle relaxer.. wich I take both 3 times a day so i've been pretty tired today.. I go back tomorrow to see what the Xrays say. Nothing really new with Jango.. he's either basking or in his hide log when I don't have him out at the window. Sorry the pictures are kinda blurry..

10/19/12:
100_3654.jpg

Found him like this in the morning 10/24/12:
100_3678.jpg

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
just checking in.. hope everyone is doing well. I'm doing ok.. still on the med's for my muscles and such.. my chest Xray came back all clear so that's good. Jango loves being out by the window.. sometimes I leave him there for a few hours and he basks in the sun.. when I think he's too chilled I put him back in his Viv and he gets mad and wants right back out and if I tell him no he goes inside his hide log and sulks. Trick-or-Treat is on Sunday here at home.. it's suppose to be cold, rainy or snowy and very windy thanks to the hurricane "Sandy" that will be hitting very near to us.. unless it decides to go another way.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
I just never get tired of seeing that creamy white belly of his. He's the BD spokes lizard for "No worries" :D
JangoMom":3awhp14f said:
thanks to the hurricane "Sandy" that will be hitting very near to us.. unless it decides to go another way.
Yes, it seems we may loose our Halloween :( Hope the power stays on for Myah.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
yeah we may lose our Halloween too.. stupid weather.. tomorrow is our trick or treat here.. it's suppose to be really cold and rainy.. then Monday it's suppose to get really really cold and rain or snow.. high winds.. etc. I hope our power don't go off either.. for Jango's sake.. I dont know how i'll keep him warm.. I have no hot water bottles or hand warmers :( I was gonna grab some today while I was at the store.. and Nathan started acting up and I forgot all about it :banghead: It's a good half hour drive to Walmart and another half hour back home.. and I don't have the gas to make another trip :( I think i'm gonna call Mike tonight and see if he can get me one or two just incase.. but I doubt he will, he'll probably tell me he don't have money (he works at Walmart during the night). If he can't.. is there any other way I can keep him warm if needed? I know I can wrap him in his blanky but he don't really care for that much. Oh.. and we were planning on going trick or treating at my Mom's on Wednesday but that will probably be cancelled due to the upcoming weather as well. They said on the news the other night that we can expect on not going anywhere for atleast 3 days after the storm hits wich is suppose to be Monday or Tuesday..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Franceslbandomo
Top Bottom